Friday, August 28, 2015

Just Plain Lazy

Boys,

Ok I'll admit it I'm just plain lazy.  There are hundreds of letters I could have written over the last year and a bit but I just haven't.  I'd tell myself that maybe I just wanted to keep those memories mine and not  share them but that's crap.  I can't type and it sometimes takes a while to do this, but more often than not I'd find something else to do.  I also tend to get very emotional and it can often trigger my depression and take days to recover, but as my friend Rod says, "F it I'm doing it". So much has gone on that I'll just have to hit some highlights:

Sam,
Your growing up into such a sweet loving and entertaining little boy.  There isn't a night that goes by that I don't tell your mom about something cute or funny you did.  You are developing a great personality and I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see who you become.  This morning when I came in and woke you up you cried until I picked you up.  Then you gave me about 10 small kisses while I sat with you in the chair and watched the news. 

E,
You started kindergarten on Monday and your Mom and I were very worried about the transition.  The worry was more for us and how we'd handle it than how you would do but we were scared for you too.  You have handled it like a champ! One of my proudest and happiest moments was when I walked you to school on Wednesday and you crossed the street and took off running towards the school.  I love that you are loving school and learning.  It will get tough at times but I hope you never lose the desire to learn.

Driving in to work this morning I heard "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" by Cold Play and was instantly transported to one of the happiest times of my life.  We were in the first house and the song would come on and we'd all stop what we were doing and get together and dance.  I'd dance with you, and then Mom would dance with you, and Mom and I would dance and then we'd all dance together. The whole house was filled with so much love and laughter.

Love,
Dad

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you remind them of special moments as they probably won't remember them when they're all grown up but will treasure the memory of them through your eyes. You're a great dad!

    ReplyDelete